Sunday, September 6, 2009

Breaking Through the Silk Curtain

At last I am able to post some of my observations, not the least of which is that censorship is alive and well in China. Today's NYT had an article about the latest wave of internet control, most of which can be circumnavigated after major inconveniences. The drawback with working through proxies is A) everything slows down (on an already slow connection), and B) the proxies come and go; I've had one drop access just this week. If you're interested: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/06/world/asia/06chinanet.html?hp and if you find more on the topic, send me the link. I am posting three different writings from the past week, thanks for the patience and sorry these are all at once. Let me know what you think! I start teaching tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment